1. Originality: we usually punish those who are unique by “averaging” them down so they fit in.
2. Personality: we’re frightened of the cult of personality. No one is bigger than the station, right?
3. Individuality: we’re uncomfortable really talking one-to-one.
4. Relate-ability: we’d rather push meaningless liners than talk about things listeners actually care about.
5. Controllability: we’re intimidated by talent we can’t control.
6. Profitability: we’ll kill the golden goose before we’ll give up 1% of revenue.
7. …what say you? What do you think is the 7th deadliest sin of Radio today? Fire away…