The Definition of Success
- Master your emotions and actions – Internal happiness and meeting your own goals is the most important first step towards success.
- Help lots of people – Money doesn’t make you successful but helping others is the key. The more you help, the more successful, as long as #1 is met.
With this as a definition, Sivers tells us to focus on developing four skills:
- Mastering your emotions.
- Knowing what other people want in general and what you want in specific.
- People skills, so you can see things from others perspectives and communicate with them.
- The ability to focus, to learn and to apply what you learn.
I have yet to master the very first skill.
Thanks to Grant Piros for sharing this.