How To Live The Rest of Your Life
- Do not go to live in California.
- Do not watch TV news shows or read any tabloid newspapers.
- Do not read any books by people who think of themselves as “futurists.”
- Do not become a jogger. If you are one, stop immediately.
- If you are married, stay married.
- If you are a man, get married as soon as possible. If you are a woman, you need not be in a hurry.
- Establish as many regular routines as possible.
- Avoid multiple and simultaneous changes in your personal life.
- Remember: It is more likely than not that as you get older you will get dumber.
- Keep your opinions to a minimum.
- Carefully limit the information input you will allow.
- Seek significance in your work, friends, and family, where potency and output are still possible.
There’s a brief explanation of each listed point as well. It’s actually a fascinating piece, and you can find it HERE.